Mission & Goals
The Alberni Valley Hospice Society sustains compassionate care, human dignity, and provides education and advocacy to individuals and their families facing life-limiting illness, death, and bereavement.
- to offer skilled, compassionate volunteers to our community
- to enhance quality of life and help make a life passage both manageable and meaningful
- to assist people to live fully until the very end of life, with dignity and comfort, surrounded by family and friends
- to provide ongoing bereavement support
- to promote and actively support a coordinated, multidisciplinary, community wide program of hospice palliative care
- to increase and strengthen the community by promoting awareness on subjects related to end of life care.